Application of Traumeel Injection Solution (IS) in Pain Management
Traumeel Injection Solution is indicated as a monotherapy, for the treatment of injuries, inflammatory and degenerative conditions of the musculoskeletal system and for the relief of associated symptoms such as pain.
Traumeel Injection Solution is a combination of dilute mineral and biological extracts. The exact mechanism of action of Traumeel Injection Solution has not been fully elucidated.1-2 Various cellular and biochemical pathways appear to be modulated by the ingredients of Traumeel Injection Solution, which act synergistically on the different phases of the inflammatory response.1-4 Preclinical studies suggest that Traumeel Injection Solution inhibit the secretion of pro-inflammatory mediators, and regulate lymphocytes and their messengers.2 Traumeel Injection Solution also appears to act by accelerating the healing process rather than blocking edema development from the start, with beneficial effects on tissue repair and wound healing.3
Traumeel® Injections - A flexible treatment approach to pain:
- Intra-articular injections of Traumeel Injection Solution in combination with Zeel Injection Solution provided statistically significant and clinically relevant pain relief on days 15 to 99 in comparison to placebo.5
- Trigger point injections for back and other musculoskeletal pain (often in combination with Spascupreel Injection Solution or Neuralgo-Rheum Injection Solution)
- Tender point injections alone or in combination with Spascupreel for pain related to Fibromyalgia
- Injection of Traumeel for pain related to rotator cuff syndrome
- Pain related to carpal tunnel syndrome
- Injection therapy of pain related to Tendinitis/Epicondylitis, ankle sprains, muscle strains and other common sport injuries4
References:1. Porozov S, Cahalon L, Weiser M, Branski D, Lider O, Oberbaum M. Inhibition of IL -1beta and TNF -alpha secretion from resting and activated human immunocytes by the homeopathic medication Traumeel® S. Clin Dev Immunol. 2004;11(2):143-149.
2. Cesnulevicius, K. The Bioregulatory Approach to Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders: Using the Multi-component Ultra low-dose Medication Traumeel to Target the Multiple Pathophysiological Processes of the Disease. Alternative Therapies Mar/Apr 2011. Vol 17. No.2 Suppl. S8-S17.
3. Gebhardt R, D. K. Lindan-suppressed wound healing re-established by Traumeel® S: studies with hepatocytes, granulocytes and hepatic stellate cells in a newly developed in vitro model. Paper presented at: International Congress on Complementary Medicine Research; May 11-13, 2007; Munich, Germany.
4. Traumeel® Injection Solution. Product Monograph, 2015.
5. Lozada C et al. A Multi-Center Double-Blind, Randomized, Controlled Trial (db-RCT) to Evaluate the Effectiveness and Safety of Co-Administered Traumeel® (Tr14) and Zeel® (Ze14) Intra articular (IA) Injections Versus IA Placebo in Patients with Moderate-to-Severe Pain Associated with OA of the Knee ACR Annual Meeting, Abstract Number: 2896. 2014.