Pain Relief Without the Risk of Steroids, Opiods, or NSAIDS
Traditional Pain Medicines Are Eﬀective And Safe When Used Under Professional Supervision… But They May Not Be Right For You:
- Opioids such as oxycodone can be addictive.
- Steroid Injections are eﬀective but too-frequent use can cause joint degeneration.
- Viscosupplement Injections don’t work for everybody and are expensive.
- NSAIDS like ibuprofen and naproxen sodium should not be used for more than 10 consecutive days.
Clinical: Pain Relief Ointment
Traumeel® Ointment Is Clinically Proven In Patients With Inflammation, Body Pain And Sports Injuries.
The latest study published in the International Journal of Clinical Practice demonstrated that Traumeel® ointment is as effective as the topical NSAID Diclofenac (1% gel) in reducing pain and returning patients with acute ankle sprain to normal function.
Traumeel® reduced pain as effectively as Diclofenac 1% gel on days 7 and 14.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Traumeel®?
Traumeel® is imported from Germany, where it is has been used by doctors for years. It is a combination of 12 plant medicines and two mineral extracts (see details here: Traumeel® Ointment, Traumeel® Tablets, Traumeel® Injection). All 14 of these medicines are micro-dosed and are intended to stimulate your body to resolve its own pain.
How Does Traumeel® Therapy Work For You?
The mechanism of action of Traumeel® is still under investigation, but studies suggest that these highly diluted natural medicines regulate inﬂammation and reduce pain.
How Safe Is The Treatment With Traumeel® Products? Can I Keep Taking My Other Medications?
Yes, you can! With Traumeel®, you don’t have to worry about drug-to-drug interactions with other medications. Traumeel® therapy is considered very safe, and adverse events are exceptionally low.
What Are The Conditions Commonly Treated With Traumeel®?
Traumeel® is eﬀective in a broad range of indications:
- Sprains, strains and bruises of ankle, knee, shoulder, neck or wrist3
- Low back pain
- Epicondylitis (“tennis elbow”)5
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions6
Who Should NOT Have This Therapy?
People who are allergic to any of the ingredients in Traumeel® ointment, tablets or injection solution.
What Side Effects Have Been Associated With Traumeel®?
Reports of adverse events are exceptionally low. Allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions (e.g., skin allergies, redness/swelling and pruritus) can occur in rare cases, in which case use of the product should be discontinued. The safety and eﬀectiveness of the therapy has not been established in pregnant or lactating women.
You are encouraged to report negative side eﬀects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit MedWatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Who May Benefit From Traumeel® Ointment, Tablets And Injection?
- Someone who is taking several medications and wants to reduce the risk of drug-to-drug interactions when adding another pain medication.
- Someone who suffers from diabetes, heart disease, or other risk factors that complicate treatment with standard medications.
Is Traumeel® Suitable For Professional Athletes?
Yes. Traumeel® is not a performance-enhancing drug. Traumeel® is explicitly listed as a permitted remedy for elite athletes by the German National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA). See www.NADA.de
Where To Find Traumeel® Products:
Many healthcare practitioners incorporate the Traumeel® product line into their patients’ treatment options. Ask your doctor which form of Traumeel® is best for you. Since Traumeel® is an Rx product you will need a prescription from your doctor.
Use Traumeel® Injection Therapy During Your Doctor’s Office Visit And Continue With Traumeel® Topical And/Or Oral Dosage Forms At Home.
- 1. González de Vega, C., Speed, C., Wolfarth, B., & González, J. Traumeel® vs. diclofenac for reducing pain and improving ankle mobility after acute ankle sprain: a multicentre, randomised, blinded, controlled and non-inferiority trial. Int J Clin Pract. October 2013;67(10):979–989. Click here for the full study
- 2. Lozada C et al. A Multi-Center Double-Blind, Randomized, Controlled Trial (db-RCT) to Evaluate the Effectiveness and Safety of Co-Administered Traumeel® (Tr14) and Zeel® (Ze14) Intra articular (IA) Injections Versus IA Placebo in Patients with Moderate-to-Severe Pain Associated with OA of the Knee. 2014 ACR Annual Meeting, Abstract Number: 2896. Click here for the full study
- 3. Zell, J., Connert, W.D., Mau, J., & Feuerstake, G. Behandlung von akuten Sprunggelenksdistorsionen: Doppelblindstudie zum Wirksamkeitsnachweis eines homöopathischen Salbenpräparats [Treatment of acute sprains of the ankle: a controlled double-blind trial to test the effectiveness of a homeopathic preparation]. Fortschr Med. 1988;106(5):96-100. English translation available in: Biol Ther. 1989; VII(1):1-6. Click here for the full study
- 4. Schneider, C., Klein, P., Stolt, P., & Oberbaum, M. A homeopathic ointment preparation compared with 1% diclofenac gel for acute symptomatic treatment of tendinopathy. Explore. 2005;1(6):446-452. Click here for the full study
- 5. Birnesser, H., Oberbaum, M., Klein, P., & Weiser, M. The homeopathic preparation Traumeel® S compared with NSAIDs for symptomatic treatment of epicondylitis. J Musculoskeletal Research. 2004;8(2-3):119-128. Click here for the full study
- 6. Zenner, S. & Weiser, M. Oral treatment of traumatic, inflammatory and degenerative conditions with a homeopathic remedy. Biomed Ther. 1997;XV(1):22-26. Click here for the full study
The health information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a healthcare provider. All decisions regarding patient care must be made with a healthcare provider, considering the unique characteristics of the patient.
1055 Westlakes Drive, Suite 300
Berwyn, PA 19312